Houseplants add a touch of beauty to any home's decor, but if you own pet birds, you must be careful to choose houseplants that are non-toxic and safe for your feathered friends. What are your favorite bird-safe houseplants? What are your bird's favorite? Share your answer with other readers!
- My budgie not only loves the smell he loves to nibble on it! Dandelions make a nice little treat for your pet!
- dandelions are safe. my parakeet just loves them to death!
- —Guest DANDY
- these plants,@ least some i can grow,appreciate the info,fellow parrot enthusiast,and canaries' bonding,gypsy
- —Guest gypsy ingram-stow
My parrotlets eat everything!
- I caught my two little girls eating the leaves of a peace lily and also pencil cactus without harmful effects. I didn't know they took a few nibbles until I saw the telltale green stains on their beaks and noticed a lacy effect on my plants!
- I also found out that carnations are safe. My first cockatiel just loved them. I called a vet first though just to make sure before I let him have a flower.
- —Guest rhondafrommsla
Some outdoor plants can be safe
- My Blue Crowned Conure really loves dandelion leaves and blossoms. I will pick them out in my yard and wash them before giving them to her. She loves to shred the flowers into a million pieces!
- —Guest D. Radcliff