From the article: 5 Ways to Enjoy Spring & Summer with Your Pet Bird
Most people love it when the weather gets warm, and most tropical bird species do too! How do you and your pet bird enjoy "fun in the sun?" Respond below to tell other bird owners about some of the fun warm weather activities you and your bird engage in. Do you take road trips with your bird? Do you relax together in the warm sun? How about sharing some bird-safe treats from the garden? Post your answers and read other responses on how other parrot owners are spending time with their pets. Spending a little bit of extra time with your feathered friend might just make this year's warm weather season your best one yet! Share Your Story!
- my cockatiel LOVES spring most! but summer is close behind! in summer she loves to hang on her hammock and relax in the warm sun.... in spring we go to the park and she eats every blossom off the trees!
- —Guest Birdsrmybuds
nothng beats a shady bird pool
- I have three 3 year old budgies and every summer I put a small bird pool in their cage they love it and spend all their time bathing themselves and having fun.
- —Guest Why me?
- In warm summer weather my 2 budgies and cockatiel love to take short trips around the our city neighborhood. I put them in a small cage and we visit parks They see other birds, dogs, lots of curious children, the occasional cat. I make sure that shade and water is always available to Kirby, Freaky and Zippy. Since they enjoy it so much, I wonder why I rarely see other birds out there. Perhaps I am overlooking potential safety hazards but they really seem to love it.
- —Guest paula jane
Spring brings the berries.
- My macaw loves to eat the blackberries that grow on a bush behind our house in spring. Every year when i notice that they are ripe i try to get to them before the wild birds do so we can both have a treat.
- —Guest FallOutGrrrl15
Great idea to use the garden
- I live in the southern US and have always raised a garden each year so I thought it was great that you mentioned sharing some of the fresh vegetables with my bird. I first read the article last year and brought in some peppers for Taj, my Ringneck parrot that were ripe on the vine. I have had this bird for over 10 years and I swear Ive never seen him get so excited!! From now on it's only fresh homegrown dinners for Taj when the veggies are in season. I can even tell a difference in his feathers! Excellent advice..
- —Guest Peter Scranton
Nothing beats a day in the sun
- I have a 32 year old African Grey Parrot that loves spring and summer more than anything, because it means that she gets to lay in the sun with her mamma! My husband built a great screened in sun porch onto our house several years ago and my bird and I have headed out there on every pretty day since then. The sunlight is good for both of us and it gives us some nice relaxation time where we can just enjoy being together.
- —Guest BirdiezMaMmA382