From the article: How to Train Your Bird to Wave Hello
There's no doubt that birds are smart -- it seems like every parrot owner has a story of their pet's incredible intelligence! But what can your bird do? Let other bird owners know about the amazing tricks your bird can perform by sharing your story below. If you've ever felt like bragging about your bird (as most bird owners do) now is your chance to share your pet's accomplishments with the world! Share Your Tricks!
- My cockatiel Thursday made a poop on my hand after a brief training session, the little rascal!
- —Guest Toad4001
- I have two parakeets, a blue male named Oliver, and a lime-green female named Sunshine. They're great buddies, and both very talented birds. I have already taught Oliver to wave on command, and give kisses. Sunny, being my newest edition, has learned along with Oliver to climb their little cage ladder on command. My advice for those who are teaching little tricks to start with, have plenty of treats and patience! Also be careful to not bore your bird, they'll forget about it as soon as it gets old. I'm still new to this, but thought I'd share! Good luck =)
- —Guest tula.P
my blue throat
- my blue throated macaw can do lopts of tricks email me iof u want o see them
- —Guest coockoo bird
- My parrotlet Winston can Climb up and down his toy Latter, Do a flip ,Fly to me when I slap my shoulder ,and Give me a kiss. He Is adorable!! I taught him this in 2days.
- —Guest Grace
Sidney is our smart African Grey parrot
- Sidney, our 18-year-old African Grey, whom we got the month after we got married, is so smart. He has about a 100 to 150 word vocabulary, much of which he puts into sentences too. He also mimicks my voice exactly, which is what Greys are known for, and my husband sometimes mistakes Sidney for me calling. (LOL) He also mimicks many sounds like the stove, microwave and the front door's squeak, when the door is opened, which hasn't done so since my husband oiled it about 15 years ago!! He sometimes responds when prompted, and his best trick is when we ask him, "Where's the kit cat?", he answers with a loud "MEOW"!! He's so very smart, keeps our home full of laughter and is always learning new things. Sidney is a blast, and we love him very, very much!! We don't have children, so our two birds and two dogs are our children whom are more spoiled and live better than most children do!
- —Guest leannecherry3
- Gota CockAtiel YEA her Name maL yea I now it a Aboy name hoo careS! He enter yea this TalENT Show BiRDs only YEA & just root for him heS awesOME.!!!! Come ON mAL u caN WIN I NOW U CAN!!!!" go mal! go mal! MAL u do It DO It! He CAAn win I now he wLL wIN!YEA MAL He yea yea he wilL Donnt wrry! now! yea?
- —Guest Jimbo Jam
- Hey all you people of the world! Email me if you want to see my hyacinth macaw play tricks and fly through hoops of FIRE! Really! He is specially trained! And if you want to see my conure and green winged macaw display awesome plays then yeah, go ahead and email me! Don't be afraid.I mean really who's ever seen a blue macaw fly through FIRE!? No one! So be the first! My email will be displayed next time. And also just so you know the hyacinth macaw's name is Ribbon, female; the jenday conure is Sparky, male; and last and (yes least) green winged macaw is a female it's name is Flower.
- —Guest Pingo
my parrot called "Space"
- "space" is my african gray parrot. He knows lots of words; has a amazing vocabulary! He can mimic a lazer, hum happy birthday, and he can say simple stuff like "hello", "good day", "your welcome", thank u, and "WAKE UP!" really LOUD. That is why I let him call me up in the morning! He's much better than any old alarm clock!
- —Guest Space Parrot662
My cockatiel does a funny trick
- Whenever I say dance to my bird he sways his body and chirps and moves his feet back & forth. Email me if you want to see pictures of my 'tiel Jingo dancing. And for guest sts90210, please tell me your email. Everyone need to know you can't just say email me and not even put out your email!!!
- —Guest Fuzzy bear
- My umbrella cockatoo he is actually very intelligent he can whistle and say hi, welcome and la la la la! which is maybe singing i'm not sure too.... it is disturbing though....
- —Guest whirlpool123
Hey Guest sts90210!
- Hey guest sts90210 wat is yr email can I email u and see the foot phone talent show? And PS my caiques Jay he will whitsle to call my dog>who is always fighting with him. Oh and Pps if u want to see how to train your bird to whistle and call the dog email me I'll show u how.
- —Guest Bolt
Foot phone talent show?
- My jenday conure he can shake my finger, wave hi to me, say hello, and whistle. PS guest sts90210 what is your email I want to see your cockatiel do the "foot phone talent" please.
- —Guest L.A.B zap
QQ's talent show
- My male cockatiel he is called QQ and he can turn around on command, say hello even though a bit blurry-like, and shake my finger. He can also wave hello and mimic many of the sounds I make!
- —Guest penguin789
Rody's Amazing Talent
- My green wing macaw Rody he can do an amazing talent. I don't even know where he learned it! Rody can buy groceries for me!!! Seriously! Email me if you want to see the entire story and I have pictures too!
- —Guest DonutDip
Foot stand talent
- My cockatiel Disco can do a "foot stand", and he can manage to say a few words.when it is time for school he stands on my bed and acts as an alarm clock.I don't even know where he learned those tricks!
1-15 of 29Next