If you are in the mood to treat your pet to a tasty and healthy snack, try whipping up a batch of these easy banana strips! These treats are highly recommended by my Sun Conure, Loco, and the simple recipe makes it easy for even the youngest bird owners to join in the fun. Beak Appetite!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Egg (with or without shell)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/8 cup millet
- 1/2 cup water or unsweetened fruit juice
- Blend all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the resulting paste onto a clean, microwave safe plate.
- Microwave on high heat for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let cool.
- Cut into shapes or strips, and serve!
Leftovers can be refrigerated and stored for up to 3 days.