Look below to learn about some of the most common parasite infestations and how to recognize them.
- Aspergillosis: This parasitic fungus affects a bird's respiratory system.
- Giardia: Giardia is a parasite that attacks the gastrointestinal tract.
- Roundworms: Another "stomach bug," Roundworms are one of the easiest infestations to recognize.
- Sarcocystis: Although less common than other parasites, Sarcocystis are a bird owner's worst nightmare.
- Scaly Face Mites: Causing itchy, dry lesions, Scaly Face Mites can wreak havoc on a bird's skin and plumage.