1. Home

Mynah Birds as Pets

By December 26, 2007

If you are looking for an uncommon and unique feathered friend, then the loveable and intelligent Mynah Bird may be the right pet for you. Known for their excellent talking ability, the Mynah Bird was once one of the most commonly kept softbills, but for some reason have lately become increasingly hard to find. To learn more about these obscure little beauties, check out these great Mynah Bird Articles from MynahBird.com. Finding the right bird for you may take some time and effort, but if you decide that a Mynah is the one, it will be well worth the wait!

Comments

July 12, 2008 at 2:20 pm
(1) Jim says:

I thought it was no longer legal for Mynah
Birds to be brought into the United States.
Would love to have another one, but didn’t think you could buy one anymore.

November 4, 2008 at 3:36 pm
(2) bryan says:

you can buy them from breeders inside the us
check http://www.mynahbird.org for more information

December 7, 2008 at 4:25 pm
(3) Birdzilla says:

A few years ago a local pet shop had a MYNAH BIRD at our county fair his name was CHICO and he had many different words he could say its the first time i ever saw a mynah bird their quit interesting birds

October 8, 2009 at 12:09 am
(4) linda says:

is it legal to breed and raise for sae the mynaha bird?

January 7, 2010 at 12:17 am
(5) JOVANNA says:

I HAD A MYNA BIRD ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO, I HAVEN’T SEEN ONE IN YEARS. I really thought they were no more…glad I looked this up, plan to look into the info on here.

May 20, 2010 at 10:16 pm
(6) Michael C. says:

I’ve recentley started thinking about getting a bird, and started thinking about trying to acquire a Mynah Bird because of the Mynah Bird they had at the Barber Shop my Dad took me to as a kid. I used to love watching it and listening to it talk. However I don’t really know much about them and want to know if they make good pets?

June 26, 2011 at 11:30 pm
(7) Rosa de la Torre says:

I have a myhna bird,and I enjoy her very much but snice she’s come to her frist heat,I’m finding it very hard to deal with her new naughty ways. Myhna birds want alot of attention,more than other kinds of birds,she’s become so jellouse that she has poked me in the eye 4 times. I now wear safety glasses. she also has taken up screaming and bitting. I’m not sure what to do. they are a one person bird and very smart. to smart for her own good. I have other birds who are also haveing a hard time dealing with this little moody myhna bird who talks up a storm and looks for trouble all day. you have to be very careful cause myhna birds get into everything!!!!

July 20, 2011 at 8:38 pm
(8) ImaGoodOne says:

My aunt and uncle had a mynah bird when I was younger and that bird was so fascinating. When Joker spoke, he sounded just like the person who taught him to say the word or funnier yet he sand Dixie and it sounded just like my cousin. Joker also loved playing in a bath. He would say “talk to me” and then when you said something he would say ” birds can’t talk”. He was the neatest bird I have ever known.

September 25, 2011 at 6:12 am
(9) prasenjit says:

mynah is so beautiful in black & talk malodious also . but now a day’s this birds are limited , because of man . so don’t brought mynah for you fun . thouse who brought mynah please do not keep it in jail ,always keep in free or open area..

June 16, 2013 at 1:29 am
(10) Kimi says:

Mynah birds are probably one of the most common birds in Hawaii… They are everywhere.

November 26, 2013 at 7:29 pm
(11) Kate says:

Mynah birds are considered as pests in Australia…they are everywhere and attacking our native birds…having said that I have recently started caring for an orphaned babe…and he is doing really well!….strange to hear that they are rare oversees…cheers